How many Christians believe in intercession? If so, what has been your experiences?

Sis.Jackson

Asked by Sis.Jackson at 2:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• oh and to correct myself a little... although nothing dramatic has happened I have seen huge results through interceding on my husband's behalf.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You mean prayer on behalf of another person? Or praying for someone else? I do it all the time and have seen the prayers be answered.
    Anonymous

• yes. Nothing very dramatic happened, but I have been praying with my family for my husband to break Satan's yoke on my husband. I believe that is intercession, right?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• oh... and also the bible says taht when we pray the H.S. intercedes on our behalf (Romans 8:26-27) Also, we can intercede for the nonbeliever.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• precious333: yeah that's intercession.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 2:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I am not a Christian, but I am very spirtual and put all of my faith into the universe. I strongly believe in the law of attraction and intercession. I don't necessarily pray to God put I do pray and the results have been impeccable.
    Anonymous

• Intercession is you praying to a "Saint" who has died asking for their help,But do the Scriptures recommend praying to them, or through them to God? Notice that the apostle Paul urged Christians to be “watching with all instance and supplication for all the saints,” not to or through them. (Eph. 6:18, Douay Bible) He was recommending prayer for, or in behalf of, all fellow followers of Jesus Christ then living on earth, not in heaven. Accordingly, Paul addresses as “saints” the Christians then living at Ephesus and Philippi. Eph. 1:1; Phil. 1:1, Douay .

So, no, I don't believe in Praying to anyone but God,

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Answered at 4:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 by: lisarose45
    lisar...

Intercession is you praying to a "Saint" who has died asking for their help

only for Catholics.....it is different for christians
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• ColleenF30: Different How?

My understanding is that the Bible says One who interposes between two parties at variance to reconcile them; an intercessor; an intermediary agent, or go-between. In the Scriptures the term is applied to Moses and Jesus, the mediators respectively of the Law covenant and the new covenant.—Ga 3:19;

Moses was the mediator of the Law covenant between Jehovah God and the nation of Israel. Jehovah spoke with him "mouth to mouth" (Nu 12:8),  Moses was an intermediary spokesman for Jehovah to Israel. Ex 19:3, 7, 9;  As mediator he was "entrusted with all [Jehovah’s] house." (Nu 12:7)

The apostle Paul declares that there is “one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all”—for both Jews and Gentiles. (1Ti 2:5, 6)

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Wow lisa you always give the bst anwer! I love it!!!
    Anonymous