Question for mom's to boys "pain when he urinates".

My 4 year old has been complaining that "His pee-pee hurts" when he pees. It's only when he pees he said. It doesn't look red & he says it doesn't hurt anywhere else. Have you had any experience with your boys complaining about this? What could it be? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Aug. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Most likely a UTI. You can call his doctor and see what they say. The netting in boy's bathing suits can cause it and swimming for extended periods of time can cause it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• You need to take him to the doctor and have him tested for a UTI.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• Either way I would see a doc to a test for a bladder infection or a UTI. It is also possible some soap has irritated the opening but o rule out infection!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:10 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• Probably a UTI, that's an easy test to do. In the meantime, put a little neosporin on his penis at the opening, that will help with comfort level
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:11 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• My sons opening was too small- so when he peed, the pee would gush out like it was suppose to, but it would hurt like heck! We thought UTI at first, and we did antibiotics- cut out all soda, bubble baths, ect. it didn't work and we then saw an urologist- he did a surgery and made a bit bigger opening and he was cured.
    They are born with the smaller opening sometimes- and you don't know it until these symptoms present as they are old enough to tell you. I think my son was around 7 when he had the most aggrevation w/ it and we did the surgery then.

2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 11:15 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• i would say UTI and take him to the doctor and have them do a culture
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:15 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• He could maybe have a UTI?
    jen282

Answer by jen282 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• matthewscandi! I was thinking the same thing about the bathing suit. He was swimming all weekend & I looked at the netting & It's very rough. But I'm calling the Dr. to take him in today anyway. Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2011

• most likely it is a UTI my boys have the same thing and have complained about it also you can call the doctor and see what they suggest and also give him cranberry juice(if he'll drink it) my son was born with a condition called hypospadia and t UTI's are common with this so I think if I were you I would take him to the doctor just to be safe.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2011

• Make a Drs appointment. I'm sure if you called them thats what they would say.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2011