how do i get my son out of our bed

ycmiranda

Asked by ycmiranda at 2:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you must get him out of your bed you can try "the no cry sleep solution" (they have one for toddlers too). I did this with my toddler because my husband pressured me into it. I got his own mattress and put it in our bedroom. I lstarted a bedtime routine, and slept with him in it for a few nights. Then i started to go back to my bed after he fell asleep and if he woke up I would go back to his bed until he fell asleep again. Pretty soon he was sleeping in his own bed... but now we stopped doing this and he's back in our bed... which I'm happy about :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You can try putting a toddler bed in your room and slowly move it out of the room into his room. My dd sleeps with us and most of my kids always did when they were little. They eventually do move themselves. I also read last semester that kids who sleep with their parents have higher IQ's, are more self confident, are less likely to develop depression as teens and adults & have better grades. The reason behind it they think is the child never feels scared & has more self confidence and is willing to try things without feeling any insecurity. The benefit of cosleeping stops when the child reaches around 10. Just FYI.

Answer by gemgem at 2:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I,ve had six children and they all slept in our bed until they wanted there own. It varied from 18 months with one child to age six with another. Looking back I am glad I did what felt right instead of what other people said. Two king size mattress on the floor work great.

cherbearr

Answer by cherbearr at 4:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2008