how

do you get things done around the house with a fussy baby that wants to be held 24/7??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wear a sling or a baby carrier. Or just let em' fuss for a while. There's really no secret. If you NEED to her housework done those are really you're only options. Unless of couse you have a baby sitter.
    Anonymous

• I meant ***GET housework done***
    Anonymous

• Wake up before they do and clean. Clean while they are sleeping. Ask DH to hold them. Or Carry them around. Or let them cry and learn that they wont be held all the time just because they cry.

Answer by gemgem at 2:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• When my son would get fussy before he was mobile on his own, I would put him in his stroller & just stroll him around everywhere with me. He usually liked it. I would also put him in his swing in front of the tv (yea, shame on me... I let my baby watch tv!), and that would work for a little while. It's hard to get everything done that you set out to do, but it's possible! Just try a sling, a swing, or a stroller. Surely one of the three will help! Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 2:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I normally just let my LO fuss for a while, if i know there's nothing wrong, like i've already fed and changed her, ect.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I'm a huge fan of the Baby Einstein movies. My youngest loved them from just a few months old. Her favorite was Baby Galileo. She'd have watched them for hours on end if I would've let her. It was a great way to get 20-30 mins and catch up on a little housework.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• when im in the kitchen i take her with me and put her on the floor with stuff she has never playd with be for like a spoon or whatever,i put music on,she loves the wiggles(older episodes)if u have a big mirror that will entertain her for a while
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• shes 6weeks old btw
    Anonymous

• Housework? Whyever would you do that? You just have to do it all again in six months!

Seriously...check out flylady.net.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• let it go!! you will have plenty of time to clean. just wait till she naps, then do a little. i had to wait until my son would nap to EAT, so i really gave up on the house cleaning!! have hubby pitch in, yeah i know he has been at work all day long, but you have been caring for an infant all day. you watch that show jon&kate +8, and wonder HOW IN THE HELL does she do it?? i mean, i have ONE baby and cant get a shower a day! how the hell can she have 8, and her house be sparkling?? i just learned to let it go, do a load of laundry when you can, thow the dishes in the dishwasher, swiffer & mop when you can get to it. trust me, it is not going anywhere!! and at 6wks old, she is not into stuff!!
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 11:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2008