Raw vegan and pregnant?

I'm a raw vegan mom, but did not become raw vegan until after I had my son who is now four. Knowing that we are having more children, I am wondering if there are any moms out there who are raw vegan and were able to maintain this lifestyle while being bombarded with food cravings and aversions? I have been raw vegan for four years and am able to make my own gourmet raw foods.... But I also know what pregnancy can cause us to do as well... LoL. Any helpful ideas are appreciated!
Sparkle Hugs to all.... GypsiSky

GypsiSky

Asked by GypsiSky at 1:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• From everything that I've heard about being vegan and veggie during pregnancy is that you have to listen to your body.

I know that Natalie Portman is vegan but went back to dairy during her pregnancy because she craved it. I did the same with meat for my first 2 pregnancies, but only craved milk with my 3rd, but I'm an ovo-lacto veggie anyway.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• You just need to stay educated on what nutrients you and your baby need during pregnancy. Protein is very important as well as vitamin D.
    sydash27

Answer by sydash27 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• Check out this link for really good nutition info for pregnancy.
    http://juiceplus.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/07/juice-plus-recommended-during-pregnancy.html
    If you would like more details please feel free to contact me, www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• Wow, thanks for the quick responses! I love the advice and will certainly use all of it to my benefit. And wellnessgirl, I will definitely get in touch with you. Thanks again everyone... GypsiSky
    GypsiSky

Comment by GypsiSky (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• #1 Listen to your body!
    Otherwise, I don't see why you can't maintain that lifestyle. I have been vegetarian my whole life, I've never had eggs or fish or any kind of meat but I do occasionally steam my veggies and I will occasionally have real milk in tea or something like that although I'm really starting to get turned off by the whole dairy thing because it just seems against nature to me to consume dairy after being weened. Anyway, try using herbs to add extra flavor to your food. There are so many awesome herbs and such a wide range of flavors I imagine you could satisfy almost any craving! Also, do you ever eat/drink spirulina? I love it and I notice that when I use it regularly I don't really need much else! :) Algae is my FAVORITE! I love it! :)
    Great to see some other raw Momma's here!!!
    P.S. I have been craving broccoli, tomatoes and walnuts my entire pregnancy! All my tomato plants are bare! :)
    ThinkLoveBeLove

Answer by ThinkLoveBeLove at 7:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• Yes, ThinkLoveBeLove, I have a spirulina drink every day. My four year old loves it! I'm not worried about meat and such as I have not had that in tears. But I was so hooked on chips, I am wondering if I will face that monster again... LoL. Just thoughts, but like I said, I can replicate any cooked dish that I see, in raw form, but you know how taste buds can become so funny while pregnant. Thanks for the encouragement. Pls stay in touch. I don't know any other vegan/ raw vegan moms, so it's a thrill to hear from you!
    Sparkle Hugs... gypsiSky
    GypsiSky

Comment by GypsiSky (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• This has so many recipes! You should be able to find something to satisfy every craving.
    http://c768b7tgvjj6a-c42d7lpmxx3r.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=RAW
    livingeasymommy

Answer by livingeasymommy at 9:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2011