Can I use my EBT card (food assistance) out of state?

I live in Washington and was just approved for food assistance and will be receiving an EBT card. I will be going out of town for week, to Oregon, to visit my grandparents. Will I be able to use my EBT card for things I'll need for my DD (18 months) while I'm there?

JoyfulSurprise

Asked by JoyfulSurprise at 1:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• yes. you can use it nation wide. I am 100% certain of this.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• yes you can. i work at a stop and shop, i've seen ebt cards from many different states come through my line
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• I have no clue, but that is a good question.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• NO it will not work out of state. If you have to have your own food on your trip, then pack things. How are you on FS and able to afford a trip? Hmmm...
    surfgrl60

Answer by surfgrl60 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• I just moved to a different state. I had FS in my old state they said only in THAT state.
    surfgrl60

Answer by surfgrl60 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• You can not continue to receive stamps if you move to a new state. You can use your card out of state. It should say that somewhere in you information they sent you with the card. I just got back form a trip to another state with my DH family that MY IN-LAWS PAID FOR OUT GAS AND HOTEL and we used our card for our part of the food the entire time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• surfgrl i was at work tonight, again i work at stop and shop, most ebt cards don't slide so i have to type them in manually, i had one from new york and one from Louisiana tonight that were used successfully. i'm in connecticut btw, yes i know that you CAN use them out of state
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• Yes you can use it. Its only an issue when its used more in another state than in the state you live in.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2011