my dd is a thumb sucker need advice?

my dd is a thumb sucker she is 10 months and how can i get her to start whining from it she only uses it when shes ready for bed but her teeth are coming in and i don't want they to be messed up from that

butterscotch297

Asked by butterscotch297 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The one trait that 'they' found in common among kids who stop or don't stop later in life (past the age of 5) is a person continually pushing them to stop. Hang in there, she is still a baby and the need to suck for comfort is very strong. She will grow out of it.

"According to the American Dental Association, thumb sucking does not cause permanent problems with the teeth or jaw line unless it is continued beyond 4 to 5 years of age. As it turns out, somewhere between 85% and 99% of children have finished thumb sucking spontaneously before this period"

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 3:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Her teeth will be replaced in a few years anyway...

Not sure what you can do at this age, unless you want her to have a pacifier instead. She obviously still needs that comfort. I wouldn't worry about it until she's a little older.
    Anonymous

• There really isn't anything you can do at this point and age. Unlike a pacifier you can't just take it away. I would give it a little more time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2008