what do you think are the top 4 jobs everyone should do at least once in their life

Jani2594

Asked by Jani2594 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Clean toilets... let me explain. I work overnight at Kohls unloading trucks (to help with the mortage and so I would still be home during the day with the kids) and I picked up Housekeeping/Maintanence for more hours. Well that includes cleaning bathrooms and you never relize the little stuff you take for granted until your at the bottom (of a toilet!!!) My cousin called the other day from work and she said she hated when then made her take calls at the front desk all day. I just laughed and said let me tell you what I did last night....
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 10:50 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I only have one: Be a nurse and take care of miserable sick people who scream at you because they don't feel good. Make sure you work for a doctor who is constantly on an ego trip and will scream at you in front of your patients and coworkers and humiliate you on a daily basis. Also make sure you work for a place that pays their employees who don't have a nursing license ( receptionists, machine techs) as much as they pay you. Dialysis clinics are good for that!!( Can you tell I'm bitter and burned out on working as a nurse?)I think once you've done that you can work ANYWHERE!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Work as a waitress. Once you do it you will be a lot nicer to your next server.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 11:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• 1)be a mom to a teething child with chicken pox after a double shift~ think heartbreak for a sick child
    2)do hospice for a cancer victim and watch the hell they all go through~think total compasion for all victims and family
    3)hold a twenty one year old in your arms who has tried to kill himself with three shots from a twenty two to his heart cause his girl left him~think this could be my child but for the grace of God
    4)feed a calf from a bottle and watch as he buts your leg(OWW) cause you may be a strange looking moma but the milk still tastes good~think some things just make you laugh no matter how tired you are:::)))
    smoothiequeen

Answer by smoothiequeen at 3:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• A US Marine. Spend 13 wks in hell but miss it when it's over. Don't shower for weeks,sleep in a hole and hike 80 miles a day with a 100 pound pack on your back but your happy at the end of that cause at least no one shot you. Just a small glimpse into Marine life but if you make it you'll be better,stronger and then you can do anything!
    mmnjp03

Answer by mmnjp03 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Helping disabled/elderly people
    Volunteering at the soup kitchen. Bring the kids...what an impact!!
    Only 2 I can think of off the top of my head.
    OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 5:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• 1. Work in a Nursing home
    2. Waitress
    3. Military
    4. Stripper

1...You learn a lot from the elderly
    2...You learn that you truly shouldn't mess with people that are in charge of your food where you can't see them *re: the movie Waiting.*
    3...Learn about the true sacrifices that they make for our country and the sacrifices their families make.
    4...Who couldn't learn a few new moves for the bedroom???
    OICU812

Answer by OICU812 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2008