For all of you who claim that SAHM shouldnt receive P/A because of your tax dollars.

Do you realize that my tax dollars pay $7000 a year for each child you have in public school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Money & Work

• LOL, and I work in public school so I guess you are paying me!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• eye rollingHere we go again. In your opinion, where does that $7000 go?

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I got the figure $7000 on the radio news, it was adressing an issue in a state where the govenor was proposing to offer parents money, not $7000, but something if they would home educate their children for Kindergarten, because it would save the state that much money to keep 1 kid home. I don't know where the money goes... teachers, books, equipment, supplies, heat, lights, food(you didn't really think they could feed the kids on the amount you have to fork over did you?).. and on and on....
    Anonymous

• I would do that. I would keep my kid home for Kindergarten if it saved the state some money and I ot a little bit of it to buy the things I needed for the schooling.

Not a bad idea at all.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• WOW I missed something here. What kind of moronic Governor would suggest that? Please tell me the state and the name of the idiot. An entire state of socially inept children taught by those who are not qualified to teach – there aren’t enough support groups on the planet.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 3:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Who cares. The point is if you can work, you should work instead of mooching of the government. I could care less about my tax dollars. But no one should get a free ride because they want to SAH.
    Anonymous

• But you don't have a problem taking advantage of free public school, because there are plenty of private schools that you could spend your own hard earned money to educate your children or give them the best education at home. That effects our taxes more than the little bit I use in medicaid.
    Anonymous

• Public school is not free, most people pay property taxes to fund their local schools.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• true, magpie75..i've paid personal property taxes(part of which is used for public schools/state-run univ/colleges) for 17 years before i ever thought about having children. i can't see where it was ever $7000/year per child, though. if that were the case, our teachers would have better salaries, and the parents wouldn't be asked to bring in all the supplies every semester.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Magpie is right, public schools are not free. Do you think teachers just go there for the hell of it? The school systems have to get the money for somewhere. If you send your children to private school you still pay for the public school system. When we weren't home schooled my parents paid for Christian school and with their taxes public school.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2008