Where can I get ideas on decorating a pre-teens bedroom?

My daughter is 11 and has grown out of her Dora the Explored bedroom Decor. Lol. I'm redecorating her room. Where can I find pics or virtual decorators online or in store. She's not into girly colors like pink and purple. She likes red. She wants a candy cane or lady bug theme but I can't find it anywhere? Any suggestions?

Est_n_83

Asked by Est_n_83 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Have you tried looking for ideas at potterybarn teen? I could never afford their things, but like looking at their website for ideas.
    sydash27

Answer by sydash27 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• one suggestion i have is that she can pick what color she wants to be her accent and then paint the wall where her bed is going to be that accent color and then paint the other walls a more neutral color that coordinates with that. also, at target they have a lot of very cool wall decals that you can put up on the wall at a very reasonable price. they're pretty big and they have sets of 'themes' (i like the butterfly ones myself lol but they have many choices). i guess my biggest suggestion is to just go shopping with her and let her point out things that tickle her fancy and then you can pull a room together based on similar things that go well with her colors (and the budget too lol). they have alot of pretty stuff at www.landofnod.com too, but it's pretty expensive. also idk if they have the website set up like the catalogue where they show the rooms set up, but i guess it's good to get an idea of likes/dislikes
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2011

• ANNAS LINEN THATS WHERE I JUST BOUGHT MY DAUGHTERS PURPLE AND BLACK ZEBRA PRINT STUFF
    DELIA26

Answer by DELIA26 at 2:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2011