another baby

my daughter is 7 months 2 weeks. DH and i have been talking about having another child. I feel that the age gap would be way too close together. I mean, two babies that close in age, would be very hard to handle for us. I'd rather with until our DD is at least a year 1/2... what do you think?

HonorTrustLuv

Asked by HonorTrustLuv at 3:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• I found out I was pregnant about a week after my first turned 1. My kids are 19.5 months apart. I love that age difference, close enough but not too close. My sisters kids are about 2.5 years apart and she loves that age difference. Consider this: How did you deliver? I was a c-section both times, but you are supposed to wait 2 years to properly heal. Do you stay at home or work? If you work, day care cost may be an issue. Just some things to think about.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• do what you want i know alot of stupid feating ppl that tell me all the time that i dont need to have another baby shoot i'll do what i want if i want 4 kids i'll have for kids all of my grandmothers all had 6 kids or more so yeah it may be hard but if you can do it then do it its better then waiting and then something hppen and iy be to late!
    Anonymous

• My 3 older kids are each a year apart. There is 15 months between #1 and #2 and 13 months between #2 and #3. It was hard when they were babies but so worth it. They were best friends for the longest time and are still good friends even if they won't admit it. They are 8, 7 and 6 now and do everything together. I wouldn't change it for the world. And all 3 of them were c-sections...I survived and actually had my 4th baby in 2006. She's 2 1/2 now. I really wish I could have had another baby last year when she was one so she could have a sibling close to her like the other 3.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• my daughter was 10 mths when I found out I was pregnant...at first I cried but now they're 2 yrs & 8mths & starting to play together. my sister & I are twins & my Mom said it was great because we entertained each other
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• DON'T DO IT!!! I have boys that are 13 months appart and it is sooo hard. I think 22 months is about the most I could handle. Two in diapers...one nursing while you are pregnant...or on the bottle when you want to get the other one off...it just overlaps a bit too much when they are that close. My older kids are 5,8, and 3 yrs apart and it is much nicer..even now that they are older. I am all for the space. When my 4th was only 4 months old I was pregnant with number 5...I was suicidal...number 4 had reflux and cried all the time...I just wanted to die at the thought of another screaming baby.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• It's funny that you ask this because my son is 4 months old and I am the one already wanting another one so that they will be so close in age and my husband is the one who thinks that age gap would be too close for us to take care of. I'm still not sure what to do.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 11:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2008