How to prepare for tonight?

I live in Texas and it is suppose to drop in the 30's I can't wait I pray that it snows.
But I know what to do to keep safe and warm inside we have a fireplace (I can't wait)
But if it does snow what would I need exactly for my kids incase it does snow.
On Dec. 10, 2008 it snowed it was only for that day :( and the kids loved it but this time I want to be prepared by letting them play all they want without feeling frozen. I did dress them warm that day but they got soaking wet and did not seem to mind. But still what and where can I get what I need. Thank you ladies that live up North....:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• you need snow mitten , jackets, shoes and such
    i dont think anywhere in texas would have those specfic items because it doesn't usually snow there
    regular mitten, jackets, and stuff, are not waterproof, so the kids would get soaked, but if they dont mind, let them have fun and have plenty of hot coco with mini marshmellows on hand :))
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 4:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I'm in Oregon and we have been snowed in for almost two weeks!! For my boys I have snow pants, a heavy coat, gloves, boots and a thick hat that covers their ears. When I get them ready to go out in the snow they wear pajamas, then two pairs of socks, pants, a long sleeved shirt, a sweatshirt and then all their "snow gear" on top of that. They have been outside in the snow a lot and so far have never complained about being cold. I only let them play for about an hour at a time and then we come in and warm up with a hot chocolate and dry their coats, etc in the dryer. Then head back out to do it all again!

mum2gr8byz

Answer by mum2gr8byz at 3:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Wow, we had a blizzard the other day and have a snow storm coming tonight...we have at least 15 inches of snow on the ground right now! The temp right now is -5 degrees F.

Dress your kids warm and let them outside for around an hour at a time. Keep their feet dry...anyone who grew up in the snow remembers their mom putting shopping bags on their feet before putting on boots! Have fun and don't worry, they won't freeze! If if was 30 here I'd be outside without gloves or a coat, lol!
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 3:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• lol...you'll be fine. Buy them some mittens, a hat, and a good coat or layers under what they have. To make it more fun if it does snow, you might try to find a saucer sled or some shovels if you don't have one.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• In michigan today....it is below zero...with the windchilll....its -15 below,

I am sure its not gonna be like that ;o)

soooo ;o)

mittens...jackets..hats...etc....boots maybe ;o)
    a sled would be fun..u could pull them around...for awhile.
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2008