I feel trapped and need advice

I am having trouble coping with my life. My husband has just decided to be a part of mine and my childrens life after checking out through all the really tough parts. for example: all the sleepless nights, anything in the house, moral support or any work. Your get the idea. My question is now that he knows I am back to work and making my own money he has decided that he would like to be forgiven for not being there for me the last 7 years and wants to work on our non existent marriage. I want out but am nervous of the effect that it will have on our 3 kids. Should I comprimise and live an unhappy life with someone I felt has betrayed me in my most vunerable moments or leave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• God you're me. except I'm over twenty years down the road and my three kids were raised singlehandedly by me while he called our address his home. Boot him to the curb. Get yourself in counselling first then bring him into counselling. Work out first the why he was not emotionally around for so long the work on why you want him possibily at this point then have him hear and see in front of a counsellor what he's done. Don't become me. My husband's exactly EXACTLY like yours and my situation is you MANY YEARS LATER. Don't get swept up by him. Examine with help what went wrong. Only then can you maybe fix that wrong.
    Anonymous

• i would not give in he doesn't deserve it still to your grounds and tell him know you and your children have been fine this long you can do it
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• no, i would not go back for any reason. he probably cant find any one else and figures you would take him back. 7 years?? thats a long time, dont do it
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 3:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Um...after seven years, how is it that he's still your HUSBAND and not your EX-husband?

I'd be extremely leery of this...since he knows you're working, he may well be looking for a free ride. I'd say let him be part of the kids' lives, but the marriage has been over for years.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i say you dont give hin another shot because whos to say he walks out on you again and hurts the kids feeling haveing there dad come in there life and then leave again and make then feel abannded freck tht get rid of that losser
    Anonymous

• Start from scratch! You take your time to get to know him first before you allow him to be part of your and your children life again. He sounds like a joke to me.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• DO NOT DO IT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2008