How big of a nerd am I?

Ok, don't answer THAT. Please.

But I just figured out how to take a picture of myself and put it on our myspace page - PLUS I didn't even know we had a myspace page - it had our very first christmas card EVER on it as the only photo - so, yeah, back to big nerd time.

I'm going to search for friends, etc. , but here's my ACTUAL question - what's the real use of myspace vs. cafemom? Should I stress about keeping both updated? Any thoughts, suggestions from people who use both are greatly appreciated.

Wimsey

Asked by Wimsey at 3:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I use Myspace to keep in touch with certain family members. I also have a ton of friends from high school as friends on there, even though they mostly use Facebook now. (I'm not a huge fan of Facebook but I also have an account there.)

I get different uses out of the two...the way I look at it, on Myspace I'm just a 20-year-old who happens to have a child. But here on CafeMom, I'm a mother who just happens to be 20.

Plus I'm the only actual mom out of like 99% of my high school friends lol. They couldn't come here anyway.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i have both and keep both up 2 date don't stress bout it though
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I have a lot of friends on myspace, and only a few on cafe mom. For me, myspace is to keep in touch with friends and family, cafemom is to meet moms with same interests, concerns, and to get and give advice when I can.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• It's not difficult keeping them both up to date. I have cafemom, myspace, and livejournal. *shrugs*

Don't sweat it. Just do what you have time for. It's OK if you don't update right away or something.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 3:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I use Myspace and CafeMom daily. On Myspace I have friends and family who aren't Moms (like my Dad and most of my real-life friends) so I wouldn't find them here LOL. And I use CafeMom to connect with other Moms. It's not that hard maintaining both.

qtmomof2

Answer by qtmomof2 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i have both and i cant remember when the last time i updated either was, but like other moms are saying, i use myspace to keep in touch with friends and family that i laready know, i use cafemom to talk to other moms , its no big deal
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 3:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I have both ...Its not biggie...

I have not did my myspace page though in along time i usually stick to cafemom!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I had a MySpace page and just didn't have the time to keep up with it. I much prefer CafeMom. I also belong to some MSN Groups that had to move to some other forums because MSN is closing it's groups down in February. I only followed the groups that meant the most to me and where I made the most meaningful friendships.
    We also have a website (free) for just our family and closest friends where they can keep updated on our personal family news and photos.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:16 AM on Dec. 22, 2008