Voice changed ?

My daughter is almost 7 months old. Three days ago, she started having this different pitch in her cry. It was adorable - kind of like she was "getting her voice" was what I was saying. And then today, even parts of her babbling are in this new pitch. Why did it change? Does this always happen ? Or is it just her vocal cords changing and being able to provide different sounds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter has had her voice change on me about 4 times now at 16 months old. I'm pretty sure it's completely normal. About a month ago it went from a deeper tone to an adorable higher one. Don't worry about it, just enjoy it :)
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• just one more step down the road of learning to talk. I was shocked the day my son made a noise that wasnt a shrill cry to show his distress but hey Ill take it!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• she's just discovering the different tones and pitches she can make in her voice. It's good, she's learning and will help with her speech later. Just watch out for those ear splitting screams (the ones she thinks is funny), lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• she has learned a new sound. that is all. my son will learn a new sound he can make, and make it all the time. it was this ear peircing screech, and he used it alot!! he is over that one now ( thank god!) and is on to this growling noise. also he stiffens his leg and arms, clinches his fist, and makes this suffocated "aggghhh" noise now. who knows, it is something they do....
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 10:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2008