My daughter is deleveoping breast.... help LOL

My daughter is 10 years old and will be 11 in Jan. this morning i decoved that she has her lil lumps and i am so all over the place. I dont know if i should get her a trainning bra, when the "friend" is coming i just need a lil help here ?!?

SillyMom736

Asked by SillyMom736 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would. My 6yo has little lumps (I think because she is a little overweight) but they make sports type bras for girls now so they won't really look like bras.
    tfmmpmmdmmom

Answer by tfmmpmmdmmom at 2:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would buy her a sports bra.....and omg I hope my dd isnt gonna get breats soon:( Shes almost 8 !
    Chris127

Answer by Chris127 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I developed early too. My "friend" came at 10yrs old. My mom just explained to me what was going to happen. She told me about sex and everything. I appreciated that and Im sure she will too. She will prob be embarrassed but she will thank you for it when she gets older and realizes why you told her. Hope this helps.
    AvonbyAmandaNC

Answer by AvonbyAmandaNC at 3:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• get her a sports bra-but make sure she is comfortable with it. mine got her bra when she was 10 also.
    aqua0264

Answer by aqua0264 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If you can see them through her clothes, she needs a bra. There are the sports bras, and most trainers are like the undershirts, just shorter and tighter. My daughter has been wearing a bra since the third grade, 8 years old. I broke down and we shopped for Calvin Klein. I wanted her first one to be a good one!
    She has not had a visit from the "friend" or the bad mood inducing cramp fairy, as I like to call it! But she knows all about, why she will have, and what we'll do about when it gets here. If you're looking at bras, it's past time to have the "talk."
    kballard

Answer by kballard at 6:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter was 9 when she started developing breasts (she's 12 now), and 10 when "Auntie Flow" paid her first visit.

There's nothing you can do but be supportive and let her know that you understand the changes that she's going through, letting her know that this is all part of slowly developing into womanhood, with the understanding that she's not grown yet. The best thing would be to but the sports bra for her and go on from there.
    lavettejones1

Answer by lavettejones1 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• There are sports bras, but also tank tops with built in bralettes, which she may be more comfortable with to wear as an undershirt.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 12:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Seems like our little girls are growing up too fast!! My little one was 9 when she had to start wearing the sports bra, she is 10.5 now and still in them, they have a variety of sizes she wears a 36 (like her mother) oh my lord!! I'm not ready for the "real bra" yet, it seems so grown up, but if your little girl is showing through her clothes, cover them up!!
    penneyjessica

Answer by penneyjessica at 8:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My daughter started developing and had her first period at age 9. They have that video and the "discussion" at school one year too late I think.
    As for her first bra... Make it a fun thing. I took my daughter to Limited Too. They are kind of expensive. Yet, the teenagers that work there are great. Better than being humiliated having an adult help you find a bra. Make a daughter mom bonding day of it. Many 10 years old wear bras she is not alone.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 6:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My 9 year old also wears a sports bra. When we were on vacation she was wearing a shirt that she could see the little lumps. I could tell when she was looking in the mirror that she felt a little self conscious about it. She ended up not wearing the shirt. That day I went out and bought a few so that she could wear the shirt. She didnt seem embarrassed, she actually was pleased that I bought them!
    notsoaveragemom

Answer by notsoaveragemom at 5:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2008