can a tooth pop up as a white cap and then disappear?

kerry0612

Asked by kerry0612 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Definately. Sometimes teeth will push and then receede for a while before they finally break through. My daughter has two teeth that have been coming in for about a month now, and sometimes you can see them starting to break in, sometimes you can only feel them.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Yep. The darn little things come and go, sometimes playing "peek-a-boo" several times before staying put.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• That happened to my son. He got a tooth and it was so exciting. It took about 4 days from the time I noticed the swelling in his gums to when the tooth appeared. Then with his second tooth, I saw the swelling and was sure that I would see the tooth at any moment. Then a week went by and all I saw was the little corner of the tooth. Then it seemed to disappear. Now it is a month later and it is finally making its appearance.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 1:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2008