blood in poop TMI

what is the cause

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Health

• Don't know but that isn't normal. Call your Dr.
    Anonymous

• Actually, although it does not happen often...if it was an isolated incident, it could have just been you straining to hard while going to the bathroom and created a small tear in your anus. It heals on its own. However, if you continue to have blood in your stool, call you PCP.
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i agree with the second reply.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• yes and you need more fiber, about 35 grams a day
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 5:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I agree with constipation and straining a tear can cause bleeding. Although the most normal cause of bleeding from the rectum is hemorrhoids. A lot of time they are inside so you cant see or feel them, but they can bleed profusly and if it has happened for the first time can be very frightening. Just check with your Dr. as bleeding from the rectum can also be serious.

decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 1:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It can also be clumps of red blood cells that collected in your large intestine, are are being shed.
    Anonymous

• I agree with all of the above posts. My daughter has had that problem for three years and they still haven't figured it out. It can be as serious as cancer (my mom had colon cancer) or as simple as a bacterial infection. They've also checked my daughter for IBS, Chrones Disease, Colitis and Celiac Disease. It's probably nothing but it wouldn't hurt to go to the doctor if it continues.
    punkypoo1988

Answer by punkypoo1988 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 24, 2008