My 5 year old daughter keeps getting warts. What do I do to get rid of them??

Our Doc said he doesn't do the freeze treatment on kids under 10 years old. Any natural or home remedies I can safely try??

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2011 in Kids' Health

• This is really a frustrating problem because my granddaughter gets them all the time too! It embarrasses her :( I have found two natural treatments that work:

1. Apple cider vinegar - soak a cotton ball in the vinegar, apply it to the wart and use a band aid to hold the cotton in place. I usually do this after she's gone to sleep because it stings a bit.

2. Duct tape - Cover the wart with a strip of duct tape. You can leave this on overnight and she can keep it on all day. An added plus is that now they make duct tape in all sorts of cool colors so they are sort of a fashion statement LOL

Answer by Brawnwyn at 12:09 AM on Aug. 4, 2011

• Duct tape or buy the at home freeze stuff. IMHO your doc is a moron, but whatever! I had an ENT guy who wanted my daughter to grow out of her ear infections. It iddn't matter to him that her lose of hearing was effecting her learning to read at 6. He was just convinced that she would grow out of it at 10. Find another doc.

Answer by LoveMyDog at 10:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2011

• Apply the purest form of tea tree oil to the affected area 3 times a day - this has worked for my family.

Answer by Dew1 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2011

• The duct tape works

Answer by rkoloms at 4:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2011

• They have the home freeze kits. Why the heck would anybody wait 5 years and let warts spread. That is just stupid!

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:14 AM on Aug. 8, 2011

• ok this is gross but it works........first thing in the morning when she wakes up tell her to spit on sister had them and a old indan man told her to do that and it works

Answer by tigger3itch at 12:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2011

• I've tried duct tape. The only thing that works is freezing them off. I would wait.

Answer by onelove1982 at 6:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2011