Grrrrr!!!!! I am super pissed! I have never dealt with this before... can you calm me down or give me pointers?

I am 8 months pregnant and in nesting mode. I seriously clean day and night. I also have my home organized. I am a clean freak as it is and I love to be organized so you can imagine how I feel when I wake up to find my SO's dirty dishes in the living room, his dirty clothes scattered everywhere and such,

Here is the kicker... he loves my nesting he says he feels like he does not have to do anything.

WRONG!!!!!! I am soooo pissed with his attitude right now!!!!! I want to scream! I want to relax and how can I relax when I am still doing everything and keeping everything clean?!?!

It is bad enough that I have a four year old to clean up after, I don't need another one too!

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 4:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• Have you told him how you feel? Maybe he is just not aware that he needs tp help instead of creating more messes. You might want to tell him before you end up blowing up at him. He'd just think, "WOW I wonder what's gotten into HER?"
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 4:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Aprilmorgans, you are right. I have not told him how I felt yet. If he were to walk into our home right now I will explode.

He usually cleans up after himself and basically he just admitted to me that he is using my nesting instincts as a reason to not pick up.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• When I was nesting w/ my third child, I got super annoyed because nobody else did anything including picking up after themselves. So on Sunday (my one day off) mornings I woke everyone up (DH, the 14 YO, and the 7 YO) and started issuing orders. Our entire house was cleaned (and I mean CLEAN) by noon.
    I found giving specific instructions (not vague stuff like "clean your room") worked best. even DH didn't mind because he admitted he works better with a little direction. We all pitched in to do every room - including both kids helping clean each other's rooms.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 4:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• even though you already have a child remember even with nesting that you need to nest rest too. also it sometimes works to take a breather from nesting 'having to catch my breath just not feeling good your help is really needed' type talk. good luck with hubby and congrats!!
    Anonymous

• When I was pregnant I got so pissed off at my son's father for leaving a mess that when I was done cleaning it up I packed all his shit up, threw it out the door and gave him a bill. I didn't actually kick him out but it made me feel better at the time and he got the hint.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• plylerjones , you sound like MY mother. I HATED those saturday mornings too.... she would get up and put on Paul Simons' "Graceland" record, yes record, and we would know what was coming.... ugh! to this day I hear that song, I cringe....

girlneffy: sounds like you are... PREGNANT! it will be ok. i hit it hard at about 8 mos too. i got so bad i cleaned the fridge and freezer out, organised the cabinets in alphabetical order, bought large qtys of frozen food to stock up on, ect. it was like i was never leaving the house again!!
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 12:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have to tell my DH sometimes, that even though we preggos have the instinct to nest, it doesn't mean I enjoy it!
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 3:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2008