How much do you spend per stocking?

And what do you get?
Unless someone is giving an engagement ring I'm thinking $100.00 per stocking is probably excessive but average?

Also, what do you put in your stockings?

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 4:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Money & Work

• All of our stocking stuffers came from the dollar store. I spent roughly $10 on each child's stocking stuffers.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• same here. Except for the scratch off lottery tickets I put in every year.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 4:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• we have a $30.00 limit.... so probably $5.00 is going to a stocking. But I do think $100.00 is a lot for stocking stuffers
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I would say about $35.00....but I guess it depends how big the stocking is!
    Sharron_

Answer by Sharron_ at 6:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I spend $15-20 on stockings. I don't put anything expensive into one, and only the kids get them.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i haven't put anything in my hub's stocking..he usually gets road-snacks/hard candies because he is on-the-road with his job, and he likes them. i may spend about $10-12. he usually puts my xmas gift in my stocking, and it may be perfume or jewelry. (he doesn't wrap, just puts it in the stocking...)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• wow. i just reread your post...$100 per stocking as average???dang! if that's the stocking stuffers cost/per, how much is spent on xmas gifts? wow!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Well, I start in August, so more than I would if I started in Nov. But this year I made a lot of money working from home. I was on TV with my work at home website and that brought in plenty. I'm always coming up with new ideas for making money - kinda endless. I'm still spending, we are in the middle of a nor'easter. I hope the power doesn't go out I have more online shopping to do.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• This year I think I am going to go get some Clementines for our girls stocking, and a fun little toy, and a little candy... so maybe $15 per stocking.... just something simple:)
    mommyofrubylena

Answer by mommyofrubylena at 10:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• We do a few dollars in $2 bills and gold dollars in each stocking for the girls. Everyone gets a video and a CD. The rest are filled with toys to the point were there are toys all around the stocking. Stockings take a half hour, but we open gifts from my side of the family at my parents home the night before so that cuts down on the morning unwrapping. There is his side of the family, several friends and of course Santa's gifts in the morning. My 4 year old does nothing but talk about the telescope Santa is bring her. Thank God Santa got the telescope early!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2008