How many of you would do the "friend with benefit" thing?

I start to think the new relationship i am having now is not working out, I or we try to adjust our needs and expectation in this relationship. No progress but fight more than we should have.

I am thinking i may well leave it just friend with benefit. Less headache, less problem and more enjoyment. ( he is great in bxd, lol)

Now, who would do that?

yoshiki56

Asked by yoshiki56 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• I did it when I was younger. Some of them worked out good and others went horribly. It can be very tricky depending on who you are doing it with.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I did do that during and a little while after my divorce.

I was 29 and found a young 21 year old stud who kept me sexually happy for a little while. He ended up having feelings for me though and I had to end it. He was a bouncer at a bar with no goals in life.

I broke his poor little heart.... but it was fun for me! Go for it!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 5:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I did the friends with benefits thing for 6 years with my now fiance'. We just had a baby in november and we'll get married in a few years. Good luck and do what makes you happy!
    OregonJeka

Answer by OregonJeka at 5:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• You have to do what you're comfortable with. I've never had a F-buddy, just sex relationship or one night stand... *shrug* Its just not my thing. My husband did have one friend that grew into a friend + sex.... and it can get messier if one person wants more and the other doesn't... which can happen overtime. Just be careful, be honest and do whats best for you.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I did it off and on with a friend, over a period of yrs, but it ruined our friendship. Different levels of feelings developed, and neither one of us could give/do what the other needed in terms of a relationship, but the friendship couldn't survive after we'd revealed our feelings. I don't think I would ever do it again.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• It's very tricky...
    But if you both are VERY clear on the "rules and boundaries"
    There shouldn't be a problem.
    xandersmama22

Answer by xandersmama22 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i would never have sex with some one im not married to its a sin.
    Anonymous

• It's 2009 (almost) sin isn't even in our vocab!
    Anonymous

• yea i would consider friends with benifits never have cause when i was younger i was a goodie goodie wish i did do that though it would be interesting and kind of fun. but knowing me i would start to have more feelings and then want him more and then be jealous if he was to be with any one so im not sure kinda confusing on both ends but hey if he is great in bed go for it lol
    Anonymous

• OH YA I SO WOULD IVE THOUGHT BOUT THAT TOO HUUMMMM
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2008