My son is going to daycare what should i be prepared for?

He will be 10 months old when he goes and i have been a stay at home mom since the he was born i stopped working at 71/2 months because i was soo swollen and tired and huge lol. i am going to start college jan. 12th i get out everyday @ 1 and he is starting daycare on the 5th to get used to it i know im gna cry and be sad i would like some advice and shared experiences on the different aspects of daycare, kids at the daycare, problems, teachers and stuff like that. I also think he will be the only in his class walking they are gonna put him in the older infant classes he started taking steps by himself yesterday and i dont remember any of the others walking. Could this be a problem? help plz and thanks for all suggestions and comments

eruss

Asked by eruss at 5:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Be prepared for the flu, he'll be getting the flu every week and bringing the virus home! a kid at daycare is always sick from all the other kids that bring viruses and diseases every day to school and daycare, thats why I havent put my son in a daycare i'll wait till he starts school next year I wish I can get him homeschooled but I dont have the money for that so unfortunetly hes going to be exposed to all the viruses and diseases they offer at school:( He takes his vitamin C everyday but kids viruses are so powerful so who knows if that will work at school. My son is 3 yrs old and only once hes gotten the flu an dthat was because we went to the mall and there was a person snneezing and not covering there freakin mouth!
    Anonymous

• Yes he will cry but they get used to daycare pretty fast. I would be prepared for the germs and sicknesses he will be bringing home.

Answer by gemgem at 5:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yes be prepared for the germs, viruses, bacteria and diseases he will bring home! good luck...buy hundreds of lysol's and tylenol's!
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Your child will catch colds and your child may possibly catch the flu...but keep in mind your child could catch these things from going to the grocery store also. It's going to happen no matter where your child goes. The good news....your child will get to play with other children his own age. Children will teach each other all sorts of things by observing and interacting, granted some of it good some of it bad. Your child will be fine and you're doing something wonderful for you and your families future by furthering your education. Be prepared to cry because it will be emotional but be sure you don't linger at drop off because though it's upsetting to you it will be more upsetting to your child to see you upset. Be brave and strong...you'll do find : ) Good Luck
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• oh also CHICKENPOX! my friends baby brother passed away of that its a horrible disease it can be very deadly!
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• happy2bme7
    Anonymous

• Take the tissues and as other moms have said be prepared for him getting sick, but when he does just remember how much he's building up his immune system and it's better to do it sooner rather than later! It's wonderful too since he will be interacting with other children all day so his language/communication skills will probably develop extraordinarily and quite quickly. Well when my first 3 went to daycare I know theirs did. Good Luck mommy, be strong!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 5:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yeah you can catch the flu everywhere except your home but daycares are like hospitals where all you see are sick people and theres alot more possiblilties there that youll be sick almost everyday then when you just go to a grocery and its a way larger place so its easier to avoid the germs. Now at a daycare its all closed space so all the germs are flying and cluttered all around you so its 99% more infected at a daycare.
    Anonymous

• thx for all your answers as i read them my eyes filled with tears i really appreciate if you have anything else plz feel free to add it
    eruss

Answer by eruss at 5:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i am glad he will be around children his age and i am happy and sad i love him very much so i want him to have the best just like every other mom and i think i am prepared for the sickness i hope lol
    eruss

Answer by eruss at 5:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2008