• In the Spotlight:

How do I get my toddler to stay in his bed

How do I get my toddler to stay in his bed (18 mo old and we had to put him in a normal bed so his sister could use the crib)
This child must get out of his bed a total of 20 times before he will finally go to sleep. And it's hard on me cause I can't go to sleep until he does. There are even some days he doesn't nap at all and he's crabby all day cause he's so tired, but he wont stay in his bed,,,, HELP PLEASE?

my.pride.joy

Asked by my.pride.joy at 5:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I strongly suggest seeing if you can borrow a crib from someone or see if you can find a used one fairly cheap on Craiglist or free on Freecycle.
    Other than that keep doing the "silent return to bed" trick until he gets it. Or take all the toys and books out of his room, make sure the furniture is bolted to the wall, lock the closet shut, and lock him in. If he falls asleep on the floor, oh well.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2008