How much should my child eat?

I really need advice on how much my son should be eating at each meal. I feel like he is eating too much, but I can't really tell. He usually lets us know when he is done, but my husband keeps feeding him. He is small for his age 15 months old, but I don't want to start him on the wrong path. YKWIM?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• okay,.whenever your baby tells you hes done...hes done!!!! dont try to force him to eat!
    Anonymous

• They say their stomachs are roughly the size of THEIR fist. That's why they need to eat more often than we do.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Well, my daughter is almost 15 months old and she eats about every 3 hours. We still give her some jars of stage 3 fruits and veggies. But she also loves cheerios. So we tend to give her some of each, or sometimes she just wants to keep eating cheerios from her tray until she's full. But like others have been saying, their stomach is small, so they can't eat too much and overeating could cause some nausea and vomiting in your son. I'm not sure if that will help or not.
    MommyandWifey07

Answer by MommyandWifey07 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Well. My son is pretty picky. He eats 3 meals a day, and has 1 snack. For breakfast he will either eat 1 waffle, 1 piece of french toast w/ a whole egg soaked into it, or a couple french toast sticks, pancakes w/ fresh fruit. For lunch, he will usually eat 4-5 chicken nuggets. Latley thats all he eats for lunch, isn't big on grilled cheese or pbj, and for dinner, he has a pretty decent amount of what we eat, or he'll have some mac and cheese. He loves corn and green beans too.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 11:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Oh and for breatfast he gets a full sippycup of milk and pretty much drinks it all, and for lunch he gets a full cup of "mots for tots" juice and same with his snack. And for dinner, he gets his leftover juice if eh didn't finish it at his snack, and around 7 clock (he goes to bed at 8) we give him a full sippy cup of milk, and let him sip on that as much as he wants before its time 4 bed, then we brush his teeth and into bed he goes! Sometimes he will just pick at his food and eat nothing, so i dunno.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 11:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2008