Blood in urine

I posted yesterday about my daughter having dark colored pee. Well today it looks like blood in her pee. She still has no other symptoms. The state still hasn't approved our medical yet so it's not like I can take her to the doctor at this time. Of course, if she was in pain and had other symptoms I would rush her to the ER regardless! Has anyone had this problem with their child? What could it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Health

• It could be a urinary tract infection.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 5:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Hi,
    It could be so many different things that could cause it. A UTI or kidney infection which normally if it has turned into a kidney infection there is usually pain. Or it could be something she ate or you might want to she if she has been scratching her self causing blood. is it only when he pees? Somtimes when little ones are consitpated and it is hard to go it can bleed and get into the urine. My heart goes out to you waiting to get medical insurance. I hope you get it quickly as yout daughter needs to be seen by a medical professional asap. Good Luck to you and your family.
    Tracy O. decafsis
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 12:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• IS she old enough to have started getting her period...age 9+? Sometimes a a drop or two of menstrual blood can mix with the urine in the toilet and make it APPEAR as if she had bloody urine. If she's too young, then go to the ER...they CAN NOT turn you away ESPECIALLY if you do not have health insurance!
    Anonymous