What is up with taxes?

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/12/16/2008-12-16_gov_david_paterson_unveils_dire_new_york.html

These are just some of what he is going to tax us on. There is roughly 80 more taxes that are being put onto New York State residence. Western New York is hurting so bad right now. There are so few jobs as it is, and many more going under every day. We already pay about 25 cents more a gallon for gas that the nation average. We already have taxes higher than a majority of the nation. But they will still fund welfare? They are actually giving public assistance programs 30 % more this year. What's wrong with this picture? How about bringing jobs back to New York instead of taxes us to death?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 5:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know about NY ,but gas in ALASKA is expensive too .Regular was today like $2.49 and rural places in Alaska gas is more then $ 7.
    Anonymous

• yeah i hate taxes also, here they use all our taxes on making more of a mess on roads that dont even have to be fixed, and they also waste it on the freakin schools, bridges and stupid city to make more of a mess.
    Anonymous

I agree!
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• They dont use it for welfare they use it for your stupid city!!!!
    Anonymous

• Anon 545, then what do they use to fund welfare?
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• plyerjones, they fund it with the governments help, i know for a fact its not from my taxes here in my city because what it says here, is lisd school taxes, bridge taxes, city taxes!
    Anonymous

• I didn't realize alaska was so high, omg, I'm sorry about that. in response to "They dont use it for welfare they use it for your stupid city!!!! " yes they do use it on welfare... not all the money obviously, but WNY doesn't receive hardly any of that money that you are talking about. Besides that NYC taxes are way different than the rest of NY taxes. I live near Niagara Falls, completely different.. It's way more country than what people expect. and if you researched what's going on in NY you would know that yes welfare funding is going up 30% which is what I said, not that it was all going there. Please read the question properly before giving a bashing reply like that.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yes a lot of our taxes in WNY go to funding
    welfare because there are so many people here that are on welfare due to are problems in this area. Where do you think welfare gets that money? From tax payers.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Isn't welfare funded by state income taxes? I know each state bankroll its own welfare system, so wouldn't the state income tax (or the state run consumption tax in the case of Texas - god I loved that system! penalize me for what I buy, not what I earn!) pay for their social programs?
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• yes, that's what I meant, but NYC is a little different than the rest of NY as far as how they do their taxes, they have a whole seperate section in their income tax forms because they pay more. By saying WNY I was just trying to let people know I was refering to places other than NYC in NY. But yes your right.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2008