Baby shower... help please

A girl I work with is 28 weeks pregnant and just found out shes pregnant... shes having a boy and her last ones a girl so she can't reuse the clothes and her and her b/f are in a tight money spot. They both work fast food. Well she wants me to do a baby shower for her... but I also don't have a lot of money to spend. So I wanted some in expensive ideas because I want to give her a nice baby shower. And whats a good way to encourage people to buy diapers and clothes rather then other things she already has from her last without being rude or bossy?

dtetz

Asked by dtetz at 5:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Have a diaper shower. They all bring diapers only... I had 4 showers (for one kid!) and one was a diaper shower. It was awesome! I didnt buy ANY diapers for the 1st two months...And a lot of people buy diaper rash creams...I would try to get their family in on it too. Get two people to buy drinks (You can get 2 litter sodas for a buck), get one of the moms to hit up the dollar store for cups, napkins and plates (thats about 15 bucks) and you can get 3 types of cheap chips (2 bucks each)...Do a pasta! It feeds a TON of people and its heavy. Or a salad...Get two heads of lettuce (dollar each) and whatever else yall would like. All together (if nobody helps) youll spend maybe 30 bucks (tops). Which aint too bad...And do homemade invites!
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 7:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Have it at your house, or a friends house.
    And just put in the invites that she would prefer diapers, wipes, and boys clothing.

I didn't want clothing so in our invites it said "Please no clothes!"
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• To cut down on expenses you could always have it at your house, make the cake yourself instead of buying an expensive one from the store, and not go overboard with decorations/favors (which really aren't that necessary anyway). Also (to add on to what oliviasmomma09 was saying) you could not only ask for diapers and wipes in the invitations, but also gift cards. Gift cards are great because they would allow your friend to buy her new baby the essentials that he will need. You could always ask another friend or family member to help out, too, with cooking and such.
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 6:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2008