My two year old son has the habit of sucking his thumb and pulling and playing in his hair. He does this when he gets sleepy. The problem I'm having is that his pulling his hair out and I dont know what to do. I mean the left side of his hair is a little longer the the right. What should I do how do I stop him from pulling out his hair. If anyone has any adivce please tell me.

jaydon1205

Asked by jaydon1205 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give him a haircut! A nice buzzcut (or high and tight if you can get him to sit still) is cool for summer and is the epitome of "little boy cuteness" if you ask me. Less upkeep for you as well. Mom's have enough to worry with...cut the little mans hair and cut out a little stress from your life:)
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 11:20 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I would say cut his hair as short as you can get him to tolerate. As he gets older, he will recognize all of his bodily signals and be able to cope with them better, but for now he is still kind of unsure how to deal with his needs.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• definetly get his hair cut short
    Anonymous