wanting to get out of this financial slump... for good! any suggestions?

we are a family of 3 1/2. we rent. i would like to be able to buy a house in the future. i am a SAHM, only because child care is too expensive and we dont have family or friends to babysit. DH works 40 hours a week in retail [not good pay] and also has a PT job, about 12 hours or so a week [also retail]. he also gets garnished for Child Support. we get foodstamps and WIC. if we didnt have to, we wouldnt. we always end up short every month. i will begin an online school in january to obtain a associates degree to hopefully get a better job when kids begin school. so does anyone have any suggestions on how to make life better for the future? from personal experience? would DH joining military help us? what have you and your SO/DH done?? any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. this has left our family very stressed out!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Money & Work

• Is there anyway you can watch kids in your home or something like that? It would bring in extra money and you won't have to pay for daycare. Put fliers up at grocery stores or ask around. That's what I did and I got a Nanny job for $10 an hour.

I think it is great that you want to go back to school, are you getting aid or a scholarship? If you are not I would refrain given your financial situation. My friends hubby went back to school so that he will be able to get a better job and it is almost bankrupting them and she works as a teacher.

I hope this helps and we are all feeling your pain, good luck!
    Mrs.Chase

Answer by Mrs.Chase at 8:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• There are some excellent resources at www.stuffformoms.info
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I want you to know you are in control of you lives. You can have whatever type of life you want. Changing the way you think is one of them. We have been apart of the Military for over 20 years. I will leave it at that. Since you asked the question, I will simpy say please don't go into the Military. We went into business for ourselves because the military and jobs will never give us the type of life we deserve to live. We have done the College thing and understand some key things that we know will not get us where we want. We've done the foodstamps and wic in the past. But today we no longer need anyone those things but thank God it was there when we needed it. If you would like to connect and stay in contact just add me as your friend. I am praying for you!
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 5:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Can you work a few hours a day online? I use a bunch of sites and make a huge difference in our montly income. I listed them at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 8:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Start looking at what is not obvious in the business world. Anything you do will take time - look into any companies that offer telecommuting - the pay will probably not be that great - but it is something and you can do it from home. Is there anything you are good at? What are your interests, start researching income potential for these things. There is always a way to may money in everything, you just need to be creative in your search. Most people suffer from tunnel vision on how to make money. You don't have to have a JOB to earn income - just have to be open minded and creative - that is my niche, I have 6 home based businesses, found all of them by keeping my options open and researching things that I am good at outside of actually working

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 2:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yes, you can work at home and make a good income. Try my site for info about working part-time with your kids by your side.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 9:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Would you like to receive a check for $800 next month? Would you like to make your desire to work from home a reality? I did it and you can too. If you are serious about having a career that allows you to spend more time, whether it is, family, spiritual, recreation, traveling, etc... you can have it. You will love the support and training you receive and enjoy sharing this success with others. Visit my site and Start LOVING what YOU do too! http://www.abetteru.2freedom.com/

mrssfoster

Answer by mrssfoster at 11:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2009