i am pregnant with some questions

i am having some issues i am 22 weeks pregnant and have had 3 bladder infections already so my obgyn has put me on macrobid 100 mg once a day until i deliver for the past 2 and a half days i have had alot vaginal pressure and when i urinate i dont feel like i am empyting my bladder 100% i have the urge to pee even after i have used the restroom is this normal should i be worried? i feel my baby moving so i am not worried about him i just cant take this anymore is there anything you suggest?

scoobakay

Asked by scoobakay at 6:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried lying down? Some days are worse than others with pressure.
    Anonymous

• Lean forward when you go and more will come out. Its normal to have to pee alot when youre pregnant.
    Anonymous

• yes when i lay down its not as bad but its still hurts.....
    scoobakay

Answer by scoobakay at 6:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Have you asked your doctor about Pyridium? It's a pill that contains a dye that coats the bladder and urinary tract to relieve pain. It's a pregnancy category B. You can buy it over the counter in one of the types of Azo tablets, but you should ask your doc first. It will turn your pee orange, but it helps the pain a lot.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 6:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I have had 7 infections my pregnnacy and they give me macrobid everytime. I only get them when i am preg. My dr told me I wasnt allowed to take those OTC pills. I am 36weeks and have horrible pain and pressure I have had to go to the hospital it gets so bad not for pain meds cause I didnt get any either time but because I was worried about my baby. I have had days that i think i cant take this anymore but you do there is nothing you can do or the dr. except maybe narcotics for the pain but I wouldnt take them and most Dr.s wont give them to you. Try taking tylenol pm. I take it at night so i can sleep because when i move at night it hurts the most. Sorry I couldnt be much help.
    Anonymous

• You may have a UTI as well. If you have to pee a lot and dont feel like youre emptying all the way, then I would call my doc and ask...I got UTIs a lot when I was pregnant.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 7:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• thanks to you all for taking the time to anwser me
    scoobakay

Answer by scoobakay at 7:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2008