Would I be a big bit*h to not buy him a gift after what he just did to me?

Not once have I asked my brother in law to help me with something, until yesterday.

I bought the exact crib and changing table on Craigslist that I have been wanting. I have been looking since August for this set and finally found it!

I asked my BIL if he would help me pick it up today. The sellers wanted it out of the house today and if I did not pick it up by a certain time then they would sell it to the next person waiting.

He told me twice yesterday that he would call me to set up a time well before the cut off that the seller gave me. Uh... the cut off was a half an hour and still no call from my brother in law.

So no crib for baby :(

He is the last person that I have left to shop for, should I get him a gift?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 6:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Holidays

• I would. Two wrongs dont make a right so to speak. I would buy him something even though he let you down to show youre the bigger person. Plus it was only 30 min ago how do you know he didnt have an emergency?

Answer by gemgem at 6:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Of course that is totally up to you. But, I say, be the bigger person and go ahead and get him a gift. I certainly understand your anger because obviously you really wanted this particular crib and he said he would help you. Just learn from this experience that he can't be depended on.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 6:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I think you should get him a gift and at the same time take him aside and tell him how disappointed you were to not get the crib you waited so long for and wanted so badly. Sometimes you can make someone realize easier if you take a different road. Maybe if you were nicer than you want to be then he will feel horrible.. and at least you talking about it like adults might make you feel better as well. Take the higher road! If you follow the right path the universe will reward you. I firmly believe that. Do this and watch and see what good comes to you next.
    photojournalist

Answer by photojournalist at 6:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I know your made but I agree with gemgem... besides maybe he will realize what a mean thing he did was and surprise you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Call him and tell him he's a jerk... then buy him a gift.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 11:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• NO NO NO NO NO!!! If he cant go out of his way to give you and your baby that gift for the holidays then why shud u go out of your way to get him one?
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 5:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008