please help me, i think i did something i shouldn't have.

i shaved, down there. I have never done it before and was bored (dont ask). I don't have a mom to ask so i figured best here right. i dont know what i did or if i did it wrong but it doesnt look right, maybe i didnt shave enough? please help, it looks so stupid.

:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• You might have razor burn. it is really sensititve down in that area. Try tea tree oil. that helps me with the burning and itch.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• In what way does it look stupid? I try to shave a "flight line" or "run way". Basically, I shave everything but a straight line or "v" about 2 inches wide. I shave ALL in the actual vaginal lip area. If you don't like it shave it all and it'll grown back soon enough.
    JennaInAlaska

Answer by JennaInAlaska at 6:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I read the question wrong LOL! like the other person said just shave it off and wait for it to grow back!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• ouch, doesn't that hurt? I think it doesn't burn or itch, it looks like little blackheads, does that make sense? I can't seem to shave it all off, which i would like to do since it looks so bad.
    Anonymous

• Just had to answer~ I keep myself very well "groomed" down there-your man will love it! Try not to go completely bare though, it gets too irritating. Make use you use a lot of lather if you don't use an electric shaver. And ALWAYS apply hydrocortisone cream afterwards-its smooths and soothes and keeps the bumps away. Oh, and if you're not sure that you like the look just use a mirror!
    Peggy1984

Answer by Peggy1984 at 6:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Shave gradually. Shave in the direction of the hair and ONLY one stroke I REPEAT only one stroke.. sure you will miss some but repeated strokes only cause razor burn and irritation. Do this daily and after a few days you will be completely shaved. Then its just upkeep if you want to keep it groomed that way :-)
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Oh boy! Does it hurt or just look funny?
    If it hurts you might want to take a day or two to do anything.
    If it just look funny you can get a mirror and just spread your legs wide and shave it on the sides or you can go brazilian style and shave everything.

* we all have done there honey... dont worry! I have been stuck home since friday because it is snowing and I already color my toe nails the most stupid colors ever... Thank God I dont have any highlight kit home... I had it last time I got snowed in and it did not came out well LOL
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 7:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• It just looks funny. I haven't been with the guy i'm seeing and if we ever do get to that point in our relationship i dont know how he will react. He has been with someone before and so have I but not with each other.
    Anonymous

• You might just have razor burn-It takes a while to really get use to the Shaving "down there" - I have been shaving for years - since honestly I was in the 6th grade.. sad yes but I hate hair.
    So what I have found through the years is:use a different razor for that area. The oils that are under your arms and legs stay on your razor and thats not the kinda thing you want around your vaginal area b/c not only can it cause razor burn but also infections.Also, shave with conditioner.. mild-like johnson2johnson. After you are finished shaving put on either two things: the bikini gel (you can get that at walmart) or I am not sure what this is called.. my husband just bought it for us-it's rather pricey but it works.. it is for razor burn only so it's great.
    GaSouthernPeach

Answer by GaSouthernPeach at 7:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Tea Tree oil is also good.. but I am not sure about you but I dont like the smell so I totally dont want the smell around my vaginal area...and b/c it is rather strong you are likely to cause infections-Sorry that my spelling isnt great but I hope that this works for you & i never shave against the hair-I always shave downward
    GaSouthernPeach