has anyone had a child that was molested?

Have a three year old daughter who says while her father had her that her grandma hurt her pepe...with detail as she screamed and cried..she told me. Her father my x husband lied to me about where she was that weekend... his step dad did things to my x's sister for years.. all the family knows about it. No convictions that I know of. Went to the Emergency room where it was confirmned she had an inch and half tear internally. The x says nothing happened.... the police dropped the investigation, until she talks about it more. She is withdrawn and wont even discuss the issue. Have her in play therapy at the beginning of the year. I wont let my x husband have her... he has our two boys and refuses to let me see them. It is a stand off.. He file contempt of court on me... but he wont agree to protect our daughter and keep his mom away. WHAT DO I DO?

photojournalist

Asked by photojournalist at 7:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I thank God haven't had children that were molested, but I was. See if you can get her to talk about it. You do play therapy. Give her a doll and ask her to show you what Grandma did to hurt her. Don't coax her. Ask her in simple questions she can understand. Say things like you said grandma hurt you, how did she hurt you? What happened. Can you show me what happened? She will not probably understand all of what happened. If you can begin to get her to open up, somehow find a way to video tape it so you can take it to the police. This SHOULD NOT be dropped!
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 1:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Take her to the emergency room! If they find anything file for emergency custody for all 3 children.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• She did say she took her to the ER and they found a tear, gawd. I'm so sorry that happened to your daughter. I suggest you hire an attorney ASAP. Document EVERYTHING.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• That is just horrible... I pray justice is done.
    YasminBoheme

Answer by YasminBoheme at 8:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• oh my goodness that is awful, I am so sorry for both u and ur lil girl. I agree with christine!! And i will pray for tou two.
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My neices were molested by their father (IMO Sperm donor)
    The older girl I'll refer to her as A Was the same way 1 1/2 inch tear.. she was 2 she is now 12
    And let me tell you she wet her pants almost every night she would wake screaming and she has an attitude problem not bad but I think it has more to do with the fact her dad has an attitude problem.. He spent 5 1/2 years in jail.. he also did his sisters but they denied it when it came to the hearing.
    TravisJohnsmama

Answer by TravisJohnsmama at 10:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Make sure you explain to her that it IS NOT HER FAULT she did NOTHING wrong. Make sure you tell her it will NEVER happen again and that you will do you best to prevent anything like that to ever happene again.. I lived with my neice for the day she was born until she was 5 (she spent nights with her mom and dad) Please let her know she will be ok and that you love her
    My prayers are with you and you little angel.. Good luck.. Hugs and you are on the right track with him call the police and tell them about your boys and you are worried about them aswell!
    TravisJohnsmama