Can You Sing?

My husband tells me i can sing lol and i could have made a career out of it lol

And i am so not beliveing him i think that was a way of making sure i wash his laundry lol.

But people have compared me to Jordan Sparks with a bit of Faith Hill lol.
But im sticking with the SAHM mums work.

Mummytomore

Asked by Mummytomore at 7:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• NOPE!!! One of my DD's first complete sentences was "Mommy, no sing." So now when I want her to get out of bed in the morning I just threaten to start singing. It works every time. I love to sing to myself though. It lifts my spirits. The Bible says that we are to "Make a joyful NOISE unto the Lord." Nothing about sing in tune. My musical ability is through woodwinds (I play clarinet, bassoon and saxophone.) I am also taking piano lessons right now. Funny though... my younger sister is often asked to sing in people's weddings. She actually sung in my wedding and also in her own. She sings in church a lot too.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 7:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I used to think I could sing. I thought I had a pretty voice and sounded like Mariah Carey. LOL, uh I got booed at a kareoke (spelling?) bar.

I guess I really blow!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 7:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I've always been a singer. When I was a kid I sang at church, when I was older I did school choir and after school rock bands. There was quite a while when I wanted to make a career out of it, but I have this nice classically trained voice and my choice in music runs to industrial and darkwave, so my voice and what I like don't really match up well.
    So now I just have fun at karaoke with my friends.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 7:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• NOOOOoooo way! I was teaching English at nights and I had to teach the students songs. One day it was announced that it was my birthday and the speaker said: "Let's sing happy birthday" and all the students told me - yeah but not you - you can't sing!! Urgh! it was so embarrasing! ...not that I would be singing myself anyway but just the fact that all 30 students were saying NO with their fingers...

I still sing in the car though =)
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 7:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yes! I love to sing. And dance. Two things I haven't really gotten to do for a while now lol
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 7:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I am not tone deaf, but I wouldn't have made it past Simon Cowell, lol.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 7:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I have sung, mostly in choirs, since I was 5 years old. I LOVE it! I have sung in children's choirs, adult choirs, small a capella close-harmony groups, you name it. I even volunteered to be assistant choir trainer at my girls' school for 4 years just to be involved with voices!
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 8:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I used to be able to...but my voice has definitely taken a turn for the worse. My son LOVES when I sing, though!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• yes, perfect pitch alto, as i've been told. i used to play the flute in school, lo many years ago, and can still 'read' music. i'm just not as loud as i'd like to be.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I know I can't. I'm tone deaf. My kids even, when they were tiny, would put their hands over my mouth to stop me from singing. So much for lullabies!

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2008