How does the hospital look at it?

Im due in June to have my second baby. My divorce will be finalized in May. My ex wants to be there and wants to bring his new girlfriend-who by the way has threatened me... How does the hospital look at it... will they let him and his girlfriend in even if i dont want him and her there... or will they go by my wishes? he is the daddy... but hasnt shown any interest in the pregnancy except for when im making plans as to where and who will be there when i go in to have her.... and primarily is just to start a fight...

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 7:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The hospital should respect your wishes no matter what.
    cindie_1974

Answer by cindie_1974 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I think you can choose whoever you want.
    Anonymous

• As far as I know it's up to you, his girlfriend doesn't have right to be there, I wouldn't even let your ex know when you go into labor .
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• They will probably let your ex there but if you say you dont want the GF there they can ask her to leave. they migth even tell your ex to. But you cant not tell him you are having the baby.
    Anonymous

• If you are worried about it, could you go and put a restraining order against her so that she couldn't be there 4 sure. Since you said that she has threatened you? But I would not keep the dad from seeing his baby, unless there was a safety reason? But that does not mean you have to see him or allow him into your hospital room.

Anonymous

• As long as you say you dont want her in there and tell your nurse and doc they have to go by what you want... good luck!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 7:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• If you don't want him there they wont let him in.
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 7:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• It's up to you. She has no business being there in the first place. Just let the staff know your wishes.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I was in a situation similar to yours. I told the hospital that if my son'sdad called or showed up that he Was NOT allowed in the room. I however did not tell him when i went into labor because i didn't want his girlfriend there. i actually didn't want him there either. i called him after the birth of my son when i was home. and he brought the girlfriend to my house to get back at me for not telling him. but i didnt care. he didnt care about my son. he only wanted to make me mad. The hospital has to listen to your wishes and if you don't want to tell him til after you leave the hospital thats ok too. he sounds like a jerk. sorry your going through this. i know it is hard.
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• The hospital will ask you if there's anyone you DON'T want in the room and they will make sure those people aren't there.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2008