ACTUALLY HOW FAR ALONG IS 10 WEEKS PREGNANT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• My understanding is that the pregnancy is dated from the start of the last period, when your body began preparing itself for a potential pregnancy. Thus, at the time of conception, you are "two weeks pregnant," and when you miss your first period, and the embryo is two weeks along, you are "4 weeks pregnant."

Any OBs out there who want to clarify or correct this? That is just how I recall it from my two babies.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 7:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• 10 weeks is 2 months and 2 weeks.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i have to agree with yarnjunkie. if you are 10 weeks pregnanct than the embryo is "technically" 8 weeks. good luck
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 7:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Yep totally agree. Let me add tho........if you are not a 28 day cycler, you are not 8 weeks, but possibly 7 weeks. that happened with me, they always told me I was such and such, and I wasn't b/c I was a 30+ dayer so their dates were wrong. B/C I almost always knew when I conceived. So if you know how many day cycle you are, 28 day cycle would be be 8 weeks!
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 12:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2008