How do you know you're Ovulating?

We're ttc, and I think I should be ovulating sometime this week according the calendar. But I'm not sure of what signs to look out for that are very common. My cycle is fairly regular, 28-30 days, but this past month it was off by 10 days. Very weird for me. Also, I bought an ovulation tester thing, that has 20 strips in it. I tested yesterday and the day before, and it says I'm not ovulating. And advice would be great, thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well i usually know day exact day i'm ovulating, because i always get a sharp pain in my ovaries, every month without missing.
    Jackie0216

Answer by Jackie0216 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Generally about two weeks after your cycle starts your ovulation starts if you have a regular cycle. I cramp similarly to menstrual cramps, get a thick discharge, and my breasts swell. Plus my sex drive increases. I guess that is natures way of ensure we procreate!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• There are things you can do to figure out when you ovulate. It's NOT always 2 weeks after your period, It's different for everyone and the 14 day thing is a huge myth! Get the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weshcler. It explains everything!
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2008