This is incredibly hard for me to share, I almost posted anon. :( what can I do?

A few years ago I had breast reduction done. My breasts never healed quite right. Actually, the last of the open areas finally healed last week.

I have some huge and unsightly scars. Is there anything can do? Surgical or non to reduce the massive scars?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 7:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Health

• My plastic surgeon recommended mederma. I'd say the first step should be consulting a plastic surgeon about the problem. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 7:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Trilastin SR works on scars also. There are also surgical procedures that can be done that will help.
    Anonymous

• You can do massage over the scar tissue with a non mineral based oil. Depends on how long after the surgery for the vigorousness, but going across it will help to get the tissue to be more pliable. for scar reduction a cream called Silvadene, used for burns works well, but determine if ok for breast tissue safely first. good that you ask, because then you can get some help. Dr. Monika King

drmonika

Answer by drmonika at 10:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Get another surgery done, after you sue the doctor who did it!
    Anonymous

• I have ugly scarring under my boobs from my breast reduction too, mostly from stretching due to 2 pregnancies following my BR...but wow.. it took 3 years for yours to heal??? Are you sure you didn't have some kind of infection? I'd first do a follow up with the original surgeon who did your procedure and find out what he/she thinks, then make an appt with your general practitioner and see if they can check for inection or possibly recommend something. Best of luck!
    ohRATTS

Answer by ohRATTS at 10:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2008