was i wrong to freak out?

i been cleaning house all day and i also have 3 kids that i have to tend to so i just cant get everything done in a couple of hours. my new bf called and asked if he can come over i said i dont know yet, i still have lots to do. then while eating supper he called to chew me out saying it doesnt take all day to clean( mind you i went through all my clothes re arranged my bedroom clean out the garage plus general cleaning and laundry) and he accused me of having my ex hubby over i said no, then my ex hubby's dad stopped by un announced to see the kids so told my bf i had to go so i could talk to him for a few. then my bf said this is BS im coming over i said no cause after he leaves i got stuff to do. then he sent me a text saying im coming over whether you like it or not, so i freaked out and called the cops. to me it felt like a threat...was i wrong to call the cops and freak out? this guy is bi-polar and not on any meds

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• I think that you wouldnt just freak out unless prior experiences had gotten you to this point. You have been in this relationship and know what you think wheter you admit it to yourself or not.... deep down alot of times our inner sense will kick in and take over...which is why I think you freaked out. If the sitaution were reversed, and it was your mom... I doubt you would freak. At any rate if he scared you this bad then you need to evaluate your realtionship with him not just for you but for your children as well. Good luck and dont second guess your decisions... he scared you for a reason.. you just have to search the past relatioship with him to answer why
    photojournalist

Answer by photojournalist at 7:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• wow. if you are threatened by him and actually felt so unsafe that you resorted to calling the cops... i would say, break up with him? there has to be some reason why you felt you had to call the cops because he insisted on coming over... and he obviously does not trust you.
    Anonymous

• Well if you think he is bi-polar why are you dating him? You need to make sure someone like that is on meds and is taking control of it... I would never date someone like that...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 7:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Well, my first why in the hell are you dating someone who has mental issues when you have three children to take care of? You're putting them in harmful situation. If you seriously felt threatened then yes you should call the police.
    Anonymous

• Dump him
    Anonymous