My son will be a year old in August and after his birthday I really want to take his bottle away and get him to sleep on his own. Does anyone have any advice for me?

LondonsMom10

Asked by LondonsMom10 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Check out how Super Nanny does it...here's a step by step video that works if you actually stick to it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X--dq2JzK_s

TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 11:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I would say start cutting down on the bottles you give him now. Maybe only one shortly b4 you lay him down. Then just quit cold turkey. That is what I did with all 3 of my kids. One of my kids I even took off the bottle at 11 months. He just didnt want it anymore. My last child didnt get off heres till she was 15 months cause she was a little underweight and she really liked having it to fall asleep with. nbut when I did finally take it I did it cold turkey. Good Luck :)
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I introduced all my kids to the sippy cup at 9 months. I cut their bottles back to 3 a day, morning, before nap and before bed. It just gets to the point that they don't want a bottle anymore.
    Anonymous

• Around 11 months I introduced the sippy cup. His daycare requests 1 yr olds to be off of the bottle, so that was my motivation. He liked picking up our cups already, so he wasn't horribly upset to lose the bottle...
    handsomebabyj

Answer by handsomebabyj at 2:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My son had just turned 9 months when we got rid of the bottle toatly. I really wasnt even trying but it worked. I cut back to only giving him water and milk (fourmula) in his bottle and juice in his sippie. pretty soon it got to the point where I would try to give him his bottle and he would want nothing to do with it. So we said bye bye bottles....
    Gabriels06Mommy

Answer by Gabriels06Mommy at 7:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2008