how long is it going to hurt for?

alright dont take offense please, but sex my baby is almost five months old and sex still hurts. it is down right painful, i just cant do it. does anyone else have this problem...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Never heard of that. But of course my advice would be go see a doctor. I know that it shouldnt hurt and it may not be related to having your baby. Just get checked out to be on the same side.
    Anonymous

• go ask your doc
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My baby is 5 months old too- and it hurt for me up intil a couple of weeks ago. I had a 2nd degree tear- but it was painful on the inside. and even now, its slightly uncomfortable for the first minute or so. Make sure you dont have an infection of some kind and use a lot of lubrication!
    danahj79

Answer by danahj79 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Have you got a prolapsed cervix or uterus?

If not that, then are you wet enough when you have sex? Pregnancy, and especially breastfeeding changes our hormones and that can affect your ability to get/stay wet.

Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 8:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I was the same way and sometimes I would even cry because it hurt so bad. Now my baby is almost 11 months and it isn't that bad. Just lub alot! I asked my doctor about it and she just told me to use lub but it still hurt. Especially a couple of hours later if I used the restroom or something it would burn.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 9:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My DD is almost 8 months and some positions are still uncomfortable for me. Sex hurt for a good 4-5 months for me but just keeping at it seemed to help. Use lots of lube, going slowly at first helps, and only do what's comfortable. FYI: I just got KY massage 2 in 1 Tingling and I find that it feels better than just regular lubricant... sort of a numbing sensation.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 9:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• It depends. Sex didn't hurt for me at all, but I didn't tear at all. My cousin had an episiotomy and sex hurt for a year for her. It really just depends on you. Talk to your doctor about it if it really bothers you. Good luck.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• ummm yes!! lets just say if you did not get this little "side effect " of pregnancy, then you were damn lucky!! it was awful for me, worst than being a virgin. i attempted it at about the 9 weeks mark, yeah, not even happening!! again a few weeks later, again nope! i just kept trying until it was ok. but each time i waited a week or so. prob not a good idea, but i had to do what i had to do! and vibes dont work either. it took a good 6 mos before i got back to semi normal. now at 10 mos pp, i am all good!! it will get better, and you ARE not alone!! i would try it more often than i did, and keep at it. use lube and all that. but try to go a little longer each time. use sure fire methods of orgasm when you do it too, no waisting time for now! eash session was not longer than 4-5 mins TOPS for me. oh, get on top. it will help too
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 10:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2008