whats the best way to break up with a boyfriend?

i know there is no easy way and we dated about 2 months....i just get an uneasy feeling about him....and im bout ready to move with in the next few months when i get my tax return.....so what is the best way to break up with out being a total bi***?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• If your gut instinct is telling you that this guy is possible danger, listen to it! If there is something wrong with him mentally, no matter how nice you break up with him, it might not matter.
    Be careful and tell someone else (that isn't virtual) about your feelings.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Just sit him down and tell him that after 2 months of dating him, that you "just aren't feeling it", and it isn't fair to him to have you lead him on that way.

Then shake his hand, and tell him "good Luck in Life" and go on your merry way
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 7:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Just be honest with him, well mostly honest. Tell him you just don't "click" and don't see a future together. I had to do the same thing about a year ago and it worked out alright. Of course there was more to it but if I had told him the 100% true reason why I didn't want to stay together I would've sounded like an extreme b*tch and he probably would have been hurt.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I have been in that situation before. We dated for almost two months and one day I just told him that I didn't think our relationship was getting anywhere. He was perfectly fine with it and now we're still friends. Like the others said, just be honest. Well, don't say you feel "uneasy", just tell him that you'd rather be friends than take this any further. Good luck!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 8:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• momof2inCT2007...thats what im afraid of is sounding like a bi**ch there is alot more here but not going to go into details....well maybe i should...he scares the hell out of me and its just been the last couple of weeks, when we first started dating everything was good and i saw that maybe there might be a possibility here...yeah that was my first mistake....i just afraid he will retaliate in a bad way if i dont let him down easy...
    Anonymous

• would like to add also that he wants to move forward to engagement after being together a short time....to me thats way too fast...
    Anonymous

• I tell guys "this just isnt working for me". That doesn't put blame on anyone and there are no personal rejection feelings.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Do it on a "Post It" Remember that episode of Sex and the City. Just kidding, don't do that. Just be honest with him; that's the only thing you can do to keep your integrity intact.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 8:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• you say you feel uneasy about it... is there a reason you feel uneasy? The reason I ask is I was with a bf that had problems mentally and I know what uneasy feels like . If you are afraid he might do something drastic, then you might want to get someone preferably a friend of his to be there when you do it, that way he has someone to turn to and you also have someone to stand in, if things get bad. If it's not like that, then the best way to tell him is by saying that things just are working out right now for you, and you would like to be friends, but that you need space to work things out for yourself... he won't feel like it's on him and that way you have time to slowing get it through to him in a nice way, that it's a better idea to break up officially.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2008