acid reflux

My 2 month old has colic n she is on similac alimentum which seems 2 b doing great on..but during a feeding she throws a feet and esp afterwards she scearms out crying,she has been sptting up,and threw up a couple of times on me which 2 times was when she had rsv so i dont kno if it was the musuc that made her throw up or if it was acid reflux..i tell the doc but they seem not to listen watsoever so can yall give me sum advice for acid reflux cus im really thinkin bout makin her doc app tomorrow to get to the bottom of it cus sumthing is tellin me that its sumthing other than colic n the doc uses the colic as the excus..she sounds like she is in pain and i hate seein her like that but if yall kno ne info i need it thnx so much

Brinkleysmommy1

Asked by Brinkleysmommy1 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't recommend this without talking to your doc first, but my youngest DD had reflux and we used a little cereal in her bottles to help her keep the milk down. It was the last option before putting her on meds. When they spit up like that the acid can burn their little esophogus and that might be why she is crying. When it burns it can cause serious damage over time. Babies that have colic scream for hours on end, not only right after they throw up.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 8:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• oh i kno brinkeys cries 4 to 5 hours a nite...her face turns reds,squezzes her fist together,brings her legs to her belly believe me i kno wat colic is goodness n i hate it lol..well imma call the doc tomorrow n c if i can get her in cus she is in pain...she has never fussed after a feedin until here recently
    Brinkleysmommy1

Answer by Brinkleysmommy1 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Simlicone would help if it is colic. there are also homeopathic colic meltaways that help. If you have ever had acid reflux, you know how badly it burns and makes your throat ache. So, here are some tips. Let her sleep in the carseat or boucy seat. Having her head elevated uses gravity to help keep the acid down. Cool water in the bottle may also soothe the burning, but just a little at a time. It just puts the fire out a little - I actually chew ice and let the melting cold trickle down my throat on bad nights, but for a baby I would just use cool water.

Definitely see the doctor. They will give you save antacids.
    teachingmomof4

Answer by teachingmomof4 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• i use a carseat 4 her 2 sleep...the doc has called n gas drops..was jus gettin the 1s from walmart but they wasnt workn..usin the ons the doc called n and they seem 2 help a lil..
    Brinkleysmommy1

Answer by Brinkleysmommy1 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2008