Oreo Truffles...Help!

1. How do I get the whole truffle covered in melted chocolate and then onto the wax paper evenly, without tons of side chocolate settling?

2. How long does it take the chocolate to harden? It's been about 2 hours and they aren't all touchable?

I'm new to trying this so I need a little direction! Thank you!

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Food & Drink

• you need to drain them really well before you put them on the wax paper. I take two forks and kind of bounce them over the pot until nothing else falls off. It sounds like your choc coating is a little on the thick side which is why it is taking so long for them to dry.
    If they aren't as pretty as you like, you can try rolling them in unsweetened cocoa when the chocolate is almost dry. Covers a lot of flaws.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I've never made an oreo truffle before but it sounds like you're basically just dipping them in chocolate? Whenever I make my mint cookies I just put them on a fork, dunk them in the melted chocolate and scoop them back out. They turn out lovely. I also stick them in the fridge to harden faster, but once they are hard they stay consistent at room temp.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Thanks..........they came out pretty well. I opted to quit covering the whole truffle and so the bottoms are a little open, but they are pretty. I was using a toothpick, but that wasn't the best. They are far better than the ones I made last year, so next year's will be even nicer!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2008