what breast pumps would you recommend?

I am trying to decide what breast pump to purchase. Could you recommend some to me? I will be returning to work shortly after my baby is born.

tsparrack

Asked by tsparrack at 11:22 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would wait until you are sure you are producing enough milk before purchasing one. I rented mine from the Hospital for 30 dollars a month and I dried up very fast with my dd. With my son- I pumped for two months (neither of my kids were able to breastfeed) but It just wore me out so much- the pumping, the feedings, no sleep. My advice is wait a couple months to make sure you want to make the investment. Medela is a very good brand, though.
    Good Luck!!
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 11:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I think it depends more on how often you will be using the pump. In my opinion electric pumps are best, I just think it is quicker. However, my son was not able to breastfeed, so I have been exclusively pumping. I use a double pump, the Medela Pump-In-Style Advanced. They are about $350 and are used generally for long-term daily pumping. I like this pump a lot, but it does cost quite a bit!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 1:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I used the Ameda Purely Yours pump. It's less expensive than the Medela and worked just fine for me. I pumped a 2-3 times a day after I went back to work.
    cafemama

Answer by cafemama at 1:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I used the Medela Harmony (manual) and Medela Swing (electric) which were very good.
    handsomebabyj

Answer by handsomebabyj at 2:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2008