WHY was it ok?

Back in the day women had tons of kids and ya ya i know it was because the Birthcontrol was crap but why is it that when we get prego now and want 6 kids its like ....."ARE YOU CRAZY?" why would you do that? Blah blah blah... Some women can handle this... i think there are a handful that shouldnt have any but why make people feel bad....?

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 8:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• trust me, having a handful myself being at a young age I get that crap all the time and to me I see it as people are more selffish now days because its all about money and freetime for themselves and are afriad of taking responsibilty for someone other then themselves . its always questions like " dont you miss having money? or dont you miss having a life?" . my kids are my life and yeah its expensive but it doesnt matter because its my responsibility to support them. i take pride in it, where most dont. its not their lifes so they should worry about it. as long as the kids are taking care of properly and have a stable roof over their heads
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 9:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• because kids aren't the same as they were back then. they helped they worked they were respectful and did what they were told. now a days kids don't want to do a damn thing but sit on the computer or in front of a video game they are disrespectful and if they are told to do something they roll their eyes and give you crap would you want six of those around
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• It also costs alot more to raise a child these days. If I could afford it I would have a few more. I want a large family and I don't care if people think I am crazy. But in regards to PP kids are more disrespectful b/c they aren't raised to know any different.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• wow jodi205 have you met my brother he just got his lip pierced because he turned 18 even though he had to bum the money off of his friends cuz he has no job and is still living at my parents house. ugh he makes me so made he is soooooooo disrespectful towards my parents.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I have no problem with people having as many kids as they want, that isn't any of my business. The only time it bothers me is when I see mothers on welfare who have 3 or 4 kids and are pregnant again. Or like Jodi kinda said they don't take the time to raise the kids right and they turn out to be disrespectful and all that. My grandparents had 10 kids, so I know it can be done without a problem.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• A few things, the biggest one is MORTALITY. Infant mortality was tragically high back then, and most people never saw their 40th b-day. We needed that many children to grow the human race. in rural or agricultural settings, families had to be big so there were enough people to do all the work required to run a farm that was big enough for sustenance plus profit. These days with the medical, safety, & nutritional advances, replacement procreation is all that's necessary to maintain the already over-burdened eco-system. We aren't dying off as often or as early as we were even 200 years ago. cont.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 8:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• no aidansmom i haven't met your brother but i have a stepson just like that.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• cont. Refusal to adjust our attitudes and personal responsibility will simply cause the Earth to become over-populated & exceed its carrying capacity, which will end up being the end of life as we know it - yes words of doom but it is true. The Earth is already nearing its carrying capacity. Once it’s exceeded, things will begin to go downhill very quickly.
    So, I think you will find a lot of people who find it less than optimal to have excessive numbers of children subscribe to this attitude. I don't think it's wrong to feel this way.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I think people used to have large families b/c they needed to. They had farms, or other businesses that they needed a large family in order to run it, get all the chores done, etc. Now, that's not necessary, so a lot of people don't understand why you would want a large family. Personally, I have 2 kids and that's enough for me. But, if someone wants to have 6, 7, 9 kids, I don't really care. It's not what I would do, but who am I to say they shouldn't?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Personally if I had any more kids than my son and 2 step kids I would be put in a mental hospital. I have severe anxiety, migraines and a bad back so it seems like everything is just so hard on my body, especially children. Kids are great, but I'll leave having very large families up to people who can handle it. Also I think that it is a large financial strain on many to have multiple children. I mean if you look at that tv show with the people with 8 kids...they were about to lose everything before they got their own tv show, the show saved their financial lives. I would hate to lose everything and have 8 kids that I wouldn't be able to care for...that would kill me to know that I have a large family that I couldn't provide for myself.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 9:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2008