I have a head full of ?uestions..... please answer... thanks

Another thing thats been bothering me about being pregnant is all the myths out there... Are they really something i should worry about because my mom and grandma seems to really believe in them... oh yeah one that i seem to keep doing and people tell me that i shouldn't is to reach up high like over my head i see to forget i shouldn't be doing things like that is it ok or what?

pregnproud88

Asked by pregnproud88 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• thats a myth.... get over it lol
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I did until I didn't feel comfortable doing it anymore, I climbed a ladder at work until I didn't feel comfortable doing that either. Do what feels comfortable only you will know when you shouldn't do it anymore.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Don't drink, don't smoke, don't carry anything very heavy, take your prenatal daily and your body will tell you when you're doing something you shouldn't be. Otherwise, ignore the old wives tales that's all they are. (there's no reason not to raise your arm over head it will not cause the umbilical cord to kink or make the baby fall out lol) Good luck to you mama!!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• It's a myth, you can raise your arms over your head and not worry about it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• There are so many old wives tales. You really have to trust your body to know what it is doing, but more importantly... you HAVE to LISTEN to you body.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I never did get what raising your arms over your head would have to do with something floating in water in your stomach ... makes no sense ... it's a crock. Most of the old wives tales are. Dont worry about them.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Lol I think that only applies in the last trimester when your belly is stretched to the max, and I think only then bc it can strain your muscles if you stretch too far. Other than that....I'm 37 weeks and still reach over my head...
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Live like your holding a baby and youll be ok. Eat right, dont smoke/drink/be around either, walk on a daily basis and pay attention to your body. Nobody will know anything about you better than yourself. And your doctor.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 9:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• most of it is myth....but the deal with lifting your hands over your head is in the last part of pregnancy because it can cause the cord to wrap around the babies neck.
    lovinmymason

Answer by lovinmymason at 9:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Lifting your hands over your head DOES NOT cause ANYTHING. Except that it gives your arms a little exercise.

Pay no mind to the old wives tales. All untrue.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2008