am i feeding her enough?

ok so she wakes up gets cereal with fruit mixed in it, an 8 oz bottle mid morning, fruit or veggies for lunch, an 8 oz bottle before pm nap, fruit or veggie for dinner, then a 4 oz bottle before bed and sometimes 8 depending on what she wants. She was 6 months old on the14th and weighs 15.5 lbs and is 26 inches long. what are little guys and gals doing?

HisServant4ever

Asked by HisServant4ever at 9:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Here is my 8 month old's schedule...

Wake up - bowl of cereal
    4 oz bottle
    Lunch - cereal and fruits or veggies
    4 oz bottle
    Dinner - cereal and fruits or veggies
    4 oz bottle before bed

The oats are mixed with formula and previously breastmilk until my frozen supply ran out, so she probably gets another 4 - 8 oz of formula in addition to the bottles. She's been on this schedule since 4 months. Hope this helps!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 9:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• my peds. doc has always said that children up to 5 need 5 to 6 small meals a day, once they are five they can go to 4 to 5 depending on their matabolism and appatite.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• for 6mos old she needs 28-32oz of bm or formula anything else is just extra. I was just introducing solids to my kids at that age and if they ate one stage 1 jar a day that was a lot. You have to remember some kids just gain slower than others and it has nothing to do with food intake .. that is just their metabolism.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• my dd is 6mos today. here is our schedule..
    8-9am 2 tblspoons cereal, 4 oz bottle and 1/2 container fruit
    bottles allll day till dinner )between 4-6oz)
    5-6pm 2 tblspoons cereal, 4oz bottle, rest of fruit, container of veg.
    bottle before bed (anywhere from 4-8oz ) depending on how much she wants.
    hope that helps but to be honest i have been asking myself if im feeding my little on enough
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I don't think she is getting enough formula.
    You should always give the bottle first and then food... breastmilk or formula should be the main part of the diet until they are 1.
    And from what I understand from your post she is only getting 20-28 in a day.... and should be taking 26-32 ounces/day on average for her age
    And since she is a tiny little thing, it's important that the calories she does take in count... where things like rice cereal and fruits don't have a ton of nutritional value.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• THANK YOU!!! I added another 8 oz of formula and 4 oz in morning with breakfast and then 4 oz with another meal. so i think that equals 32? She turns 9 months in december but im hoping to weigh her in a month or so to see if shes gained. Pedi said she was in 50th percentile so thats good, my first was off the charts till she turned 3 which was march of this year. Each baby is different.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 6:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2008