My sister and I.

I have a little one on the way who should be here before this month is over. I had a scare the other day and called my sister to take me to the hospital. At the hospital the nurse asked me if i had sex and I said yes, which my sister got upset about. She sent a text to her boyfriend saying that I was disgusting and who was I having sex with. She sent the text to me by mistake. After she dropped me off home, I haven't heard from her. I sent her an e-mail asking her if she was upset and what I had I done to make her mad. She didn't answer me. It's been almost a week and I haven't heard from her. I miss my niece and my sister, since I'm at that stage were family is very important. However I don't want to call her, because I know I haven't done anything to her. Once we got into an argument and she said I was a negletful mother and to give her my kid when he was born, I found this extremely insulting and hurtfull. What should I do, let her be or try to get her to talk to me.

Little_Maria

Asked by Little_Maria at 11:35 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• I would let her be. I know that she is your family, and you will love her forever, but perhaps she isn't exactly good for you.If you continue to appologize for things that she does, the situation will escalate to a point where the children suffer. However, maybe if you can stand your ground, she will be forced to reevaluate her choices.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Sex is a normal thing and it's not disgusting and none of her business unless you are underage and she is your legal guardian. She must have some misguided thoughts about sex. How does she think you got pregnant? How can you neglect a baby that is inside you? It sounds as though she may have some issues. She's certainly immature for not discussing matters openly with you and I would not even entertain the idea of giving her my baby. Let her work out her issues. She will come around. Just leave the door open for her when she wants to come apologize for her bad behavior. Until then we at cafemom will stand in for her if you want someone to talk with. Hugs, Addie

Answer by admckenzie at 12:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I am so sorry that happened to you. I have had times that my sister and I have been distant from eachother and its usually due to her judgments too. As a new mom you will doubt yourself enough as it is and you'll be your own worst critic. the last thing you need is more doubt. Until your sis comes around there's always groups and friends at CafeMom that can answer questions, give advice and lend support - just like Addie said.
    Try to have a great day, marianne
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 12:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Your sister was out of line and you do not need to apologize to her. Like admckenzie stated she sounds like she has issues. Unfortunately sometimes the healthiest things we need to do for ourselves are sometimes the hardest but I would stay away from her for a while.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Oh Yeah, there is nothing wrong with having sex while you're pregnant. It's quite normal.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I guess I really don't understand how your sister is mad at YOU for having sex. She knows pregnancy is the outcome from sex right? Unless she thinks you're doing it with someone she disagrees with, I don't understand her being upset. I am pregnant and would tell my sis to get a life if she told me when and where I could have sex.
    janaderosia

Answer by janaderosia at 9:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• If you had unprotected sex with a new guy maybe she's concerned with that type of irresponsible behavior. Just call her and talk with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2010